3QZaj0g
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Corona Virus
#89 03/14/2020 5:36 PM
OP Offline
So with the new strain of Corona Virus going around, people are panicking and it's really starting to show in stores. All my local stores are out of toilet paper, and they're running low on hand soap. Lots of shelves were empty too, it looked like something out of a zombie apocalypse game! The only concern I have is if my work will shut down for weeks. I'm hoping that won't happen, but there's a possibility that it can happen. Stay safe everyone, and if you do feel symptoms, be sure to get tested.

Re: Corona Virus
Ravenfreak #109 03/19/2020 5:41 PM
The shelves are all empty here as well. It's kind of scary. Schools in our area are shut down at least through the end of the month, and I suspect they will extend it further.

Ravenfreak #115 03/21/2020 6:04 PM
OP Offline
My second cousin is a Senior in High School and she's worried that her school district will be shutting down the rest of the year. frown Also as I suspected, I will be out of work for the next two weeks. My coworkers and I are suspecting that when we go back to work on April 6th (if we do that is...) we will get our hours cut. I'm going to file for unemployment, and just enjoy my time off and try not to worry about it. Worrying will only make the situation worse after all.

Ravenfreak #127 03/29/2020 3:33 PM
It's been a while since this started now, but... My whole state is in lockdown. It feels weird that it doesn't really effect my life that much. Some restaurants have closed up shop, and there's still the matter of there being no grocer near my home that I can get to... But Lyft is still running and so is my special service I get through my insurance to get free transportation to and from medical appointments.

Oh, also, you now can't enter the hospital without being screened and asked questions like if you have a cough or something...which was a hard to answer question because yes I did have a cough but it was because I have chronic dry mouth so I wasn't sure what to say.

Basically, for me, it's just made me more socially awkward than I already was, I guess? I do worry a lot about going to medical appointments though, mostly for my dad. He's immune system is compromised by medication...

Oh, also, it did do something that was a bummer for me. Anime North is officially cancelled. I know what I'm doing with the money I was planning to use for that trip, but it still sucks I don't get to go to Canada to see my friends.

Last edited by Juneberry; 03/29/2020 3:34 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
deva1, Kyng, Smokey, Juneberry, MeowsePad
6 Registered Users
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received
Smokey 1
Kyng 1